この、なんとも手が込んでて美味しそうなお料理は、7月2日にはじめてフィリップさんのお料理を頂いたときのメニューの一つです。全部で4種類のお料理が出ました。YuzuPassionという、私の料理の会のスポンサーで、日本の徳島県木頭村(きとうそん)の柚子製品をアメリカで販売している会社のオーナーの方にフィリップさんを紹介して頂きましたが(有難うございます)、時間をかけて丁寧に調理された素材の素晴らしい組み合わせにとても驚かされました。
www.yuzupassion.com
http://www.meetup.com/LACookingRecipesDiningandFrench/
いろいろな味のハーモニーが本当に心地よく、舌と口から心と体の細胞のすみずみにまで行き渡ってまるで体が生まれ変わるような感じがしました。
This awesome dish was served at Philip's on a Friday night (July 2nd, 2010) as one of the dishes in 4-course vegetarian menu. It was my very first encounter with Philip's food, thanks to Tomoko-san, the owner of Yuzu Passion that sells products of yuzu (a type of Japanese citrus) grown in Kitoson village in Tokushima, Japan and later became a sponsor of my food group in Los Angeles (thanks!).
www.yuzupassion.com
http://www.meetup.com/LACookingRecipesDiningandFrench/
You can tell he spent long time to carefully cook and prepare the dish - so many ingredients cooked separately but matched perfectly together creating beautiful culinary harmony that refreshed mind and body. I felt as if all my body cells were happily rejuvenized:-)
たくさんの野菜、穀類、素材が使ってありますが、これは下からこんな感じだそうです。
http://www.
There are so many vegetables, grains and other ingredients used in the dish.
Bottom to top:
-Baby lettuce leaf ベビー・レタスの葉
一枚一枚を吟味していると思います。 I think they select each one of leaves carefully.
-Roasted/herbed zucchini ハーブに漬けて焼いたズッキーニ
これも薄いスライスを丁寧に焼いてあり、とても柔らかくて香ばしく、それまでのズッキーニのイメージを覆すものでした。
It was also carefully sliced and roasted. The tender and flavorful slice I savored completely changed my opinion about zucchini which is still unfamiliar vegetable to most Japanese consumers.
-Sauteed peas and romano beans グリーンピースとロマノビーンズのソテー
ロマノビーンズというのは、イタリアのいんげんで、こんな感じです。
See the following link for romano beans, another unfamiliar ingredient which is basically Italian green string beans :
http://whatscookingamerica.net/Q-A/RomanoBeans.htm
photo from: http://soundandsavor.wordpress.com/
固めに茹でて斜め切りにしたスライスは、とてもしゃきしゃきしておいしく、見た目にも素敵でした。
The diagonal slices of romano beans cooked al dente gave refreshingly crunchy taste and looked very pretty.
-La Yapa quinoa キノア(穀類)
http://www.layapaorganic.com/
Rancho Gordo farms brown tepary beans marinated in yuzu juice (from yuzu passion)
柚子果汁(前述のYuzuPassionの製品)に漬けたランチョ・ゴルド農場産のブラウン・テパリー・ビーンズ
テパリー・ビーンズというのは、米国南西部とメキシコでとれる豆で、こんな感じです。
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tepary_bean
彼は、 ランチョ・ゴルド農場産のものを使っていました。
http://www.ranchogordo.com/
http://www.
Tepary beans are originally from Southwestern parts of the US and Mexico:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tepary_bean
He used the brown tepary beans from Rancho Gordo Farm:
http://www.ranchogordo.com/
http://www.
キノア(キヌア、キノワとも書きます)というのは、まだ日本では馴染みの薄いものだと思いますが、穀類で小さな実がなる植物です。彼は茶色と白のものを混ぜて使っていたので、とても彩りが綺麗でした。この写真ではよくわかりませんが、長方形の型にまず調理したキノアを詰め、その上に豆類をのせて型抜きしてあったので、まるでケーキのようで食べるのが楽しかったです。
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82%AD%E3%83%8C%E3%82%A2
Quinoa is a crop, similar to grain native to Andes area in South America, another unheard of thing yet in Japan. Philip used both brown and white ones and the mixture was very colorful and pretty. You can't really tell from this picture I took, but he stuffed the quinoa mixture on the bottom of a rectangle mold and layered with the beans mixture on top, which resembled a sort of dessert, and it was fun to eat! :-)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quinoa
-Plum mustard dressing 梅マスタードドレッシング
この綺麗な色!味もとても美味しかったです。どうやって作ったのか、是非聞いてみたいです。
I just loved the color of the dressing. It was also very tasty and I'd love to know how to make it!
(続く。。。)
(To be continued...)

No comments:
Post a Comment